VACANCY – Caretaker & Gardener
Part-time (12 hours per week minimum) Caretaker & Gardener to assist with Maintenance & Cleaning, Security & Access and setting up for Services & Events taking place at the Parish buildings and grounds, with a particular focus on St Faith’s site.
Finance and Operations Manager (but the PCC reserves the right to make changes in Line Management arrangements at any future date)
- The starting wage will be £9.75 per hour
- There will be an initial probationary period of 3 months. During this period the appointment may be terminated by one month’s notice on either side and thereafter by three months notice on either side.
- The post-holder will be entered in a pension scheme
- The post will mainly be based at St Faith’s Church, Brentford with some work at St Paul’s church but such places of work may be altered/varied upon reasonable notice by the PCC.
- Expenses of office will be reimbursed in accordance with the Parish Expenses Policy
- Working hours will be 12 hours per week.
Flexibility will be required in when these hours are worked dependent on needs of the parish. The core hours of work will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am – 1pm. Additional hours worked beyond 12 hours a week will normally be compensated with time of in lieu. Time of in lieu will only be allowed in accordance with the Parish Time of in Lieu policy.
- The annual leave entitlement is 15 working days in a full calendar year, plus statutory and other public holidays.
- Job share applications will be considered. In the event that job share appointments are made the terms will include that the PCC reserves the right to terminate the employment of a job share post in the event that the other part of the job share is terminated.
- References will be taken up prior to the interview
Subject to the above, job share appointments to be on a prorata basis of these terms.
How to apply
Persons with experience of maintaining gardens and property and willing to serve with humility should contact the Church office for an application form – firstname.lastname@example.org