As a parish we want to be generous, giving of our friendship, support and money to others that together we may see God’s kingdom come.
Partnership means we do this as friends learning and growing together.
Mission means we want to be effective in working with God to see his kingdom come.
We do this through
- Prayer: relying on God to sustain, inspire and help us
- Financial & resources support: giving sacrificially of what we have to enable our partners to be effective in mission (in 2017 we plan to give approximately £2000 to each of our four partners)
- Friendship: building close long-term relationships as brothers and sisters in Christ
- Practical service: serving each other in practical ways to be effective in mission
- Learning: learning from and with our partners
- Prioritising the poor: partnering with those who are living among or are serving the poorest and most vulnerable
Our mission partners
Crosslight Advice – a charity working to combat poverty and hardship caused by the burden of unmanageable debt and lack of financial capability.
The Shelter Project Hounslow – a joint churches initiative in Hounslow running winter night shelters for homeless men in the coldest months.
Tearfund – working in the poorest countries and communities in the world to see them lift themselves out of poverty (we are particularly linked with their work in Eastern Uganda)
Church Mission Society – supporting Heather Johnstone in Tanzania who manages a project supporting women and children in crisis – who don’t have food, clothing, or shelter